Ever wondered whether a simple game on your cell phone can teach you the lessons of life?
If you haven’t, the first thing you need to do after you read this is download Candy Crush on your mobile or your iPad or your laptop. Let me introduce it to the few who are unfamiliar. It’s a game where you have to make combination of three or more candies of the same to crush them and earn points. You have a predetermined number of moves within which you must hit a specified target to reach the next level. Needless to say, as the level increases, so does the level of difficulty; and challenges grow trickier and more numerous.
I bet this simple game can teach us so many lessons in life. Initially it sounded quite weird but given a second thought, yes it does! It gives some of the best lessons in life, and sort of has given a new meaning to the phrase “Life is but a game” where ‘candy crush is the name of the game’ 😛 Here are few of the life lessons ;
1. Life is unpredictable, just like the game board of Candy Crush where you never know what the game has to offer to you. The only thing you can do is take it as it comes, and do your best to make the best of what you get. It motivates you to give your best with what you have in life, and move on to the next level.
2. Chocolate is bad! Yes, unfortunately, in the game too many chocolates ruin you. Which seems to be quite a metaphor as too many chocolates make you fat in real life as well. 🙂 😛
3. Unity is strength, just like the number of candies in the combination increases your chances of scoring, in real life if we stand together and support our friends….nothing is impossible.
4. Time and tide wait for none. The popular phrase is proven correct in the game, either have it in time or let it go !
5. Bounce back with a bang ! Oh yeah, life gives you many chances to learn from your mistakes, overcome and bounce back with full force.
6. Help your friends as much as you want them to help you. ‘Lives’ are all about give and take. (pun intended)
7. Life is both fun and frustrating, yet if you play along, it can be colorful and yummy! What better illustrates that than Candy Crush?
8. A great way to kill time is to develop hobbies and interests so that when your friends are a bit busy, you have another companion waiting for you.
9. Persistence is all it takes: It’s true that life is a race, and it requires patience and persistence. Keep on going because you never know you’re your hard work will pay off and all the preliminary failures will suddenly become ‘Level Completed’.
That’s the thing about life: It’s waiting to reveal the solutions to all the problems it has offered you, its waiting to teach you everything you ever wanna learn from it. The only question is that : are we willing to learn ?
And yes ! if you are willing to learn and your enthusiasm compliments your observation skills the why not, it has the ability to teach lessons of life using something as silly as a simple mobile game. And if you are not then, keep searching in vain. What matters in life is not what it has to offer but your attitude towards what comes your way !
So take a step back from the pace of life and observe the things around you. In your contemplation of them is hidden all you need to know.